Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Something to Bring Home...

A serving plate
Butter Dish

With Butter...it comes in a brick.  This is a medium
size.  Some are quite large.

There are many items the Ex-Pats collect to remember there time
abroad.  Some collect the glasses that go
with the Belgian beers.  Some collect Starbucks Mugs from the
different cities around Europe, or t shirts from the
Hard Rock Cafes, etc.  I am going to collect Polish Pottery.  It actually does come from Poland, and it mixes and matches very well.  There are several different patterns that all incorporate the same colors, but not the same designs.  I have always loved china.  Both of my grandparents worked at Crown Pottery in Evansville and I have 2 sets of dishes that were my moms and grandma's.  The wives of 2 of Hubby's co-workers also are collecting this.  There was an "Open House" I went to today and purchased these pieces.  It truly was an open house, in a neighborhood, in the seller's bonus room...tables and tables of pottery, some even sitting on her sofa.  She was British and she had the coolest kitchen and stove.  It is an AGA cooker and she brought it with her from England.  Originally it used wood, but they had it fitted for gas.  It kept her kitchen very cosy.  She didn't seem to think it was odd I wanted to take a photo of it.

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love hearing about your wonderful adventure Kathy. The china is beautiful.

    Best, Donnae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I love that serving plate! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well gee Kathy, if I'd known you would be interested in Polish Pottery I could have helped you out! It is very popular with the military folks so a retired military couple here opened a store less than 3 miles from my house a couple of years ago!! They are beautiful pieces- I am glad you discovered it! Love, Tina

    ReplyDelete